Tim Dierkes’s MLB Trade Rumors blog is one of the preeminent baseball blogs. Tim has carved out a niche by covering every baseball rumor of substance and doing it in a timely way while adding his own commentary where appropriate. Dierkes recently made the transition to full time blogger and in an effort to spruce up the site submitted it for a Problogger Community Consulting Review.
The results of the review are up, and while they are specific to MLBTR, there is considerable information that all sports bloggers might want to use. These include:
- Adding an Advertise Here page
- Making RSS subscription prominent on the page, as well as including an email option
- Cleaning up the sidebar
- Tips for trying to find more relevant advertising (which should convert better)
- Adding more art (some blogs such as Roar of the Tigers already excel at this)
- Suggestions for attracting more social media love